Poking The Bear

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Killing Baby Squirrels

Last night, as if life wasn’t weird enough, I went to see a preview of “Trust the Man” (and may I just say, Worst. Title. Ever) with the ex. (Sorry kids, no links or pictures. We’re trying to keep it on the staying friends tip.)

The movie (which not-so-coincidentally stars David “my object of lust for the past ten years” Duchovny), began normally enough, except for the fact that within the first fifteen minutes we realized that it was just like watching our failed relationship during its formidable unraveling depicted on the big screen with wittier lines and better make-up.

Anyway, without getting too much into it, at one point, Duchovny busts out with something along the lines of “it’s not like I’m killing baby squirrels.” That’s when I had some serious Zoe flashbacks.

The movie wasn’t too bad. Nothing great, but cute. Strangely enough, it was sort of well-cast and dare I say, well-acted. Duchovny actually did some acting, Julianne Moore was toned down, Billy Crudup was on par and even Maggie Gyllenhaal, who usually annoys me with her quirky/freaky schtick, was fairly likeable.

I would say that if it comes out in the next couple of months...and you’ve already seen the Harry Potter movie like five times...and have nothing better to go see...and you’re a fan of typical Hollywood endings, it’s worth a matinee showing.

1 Comments:

  • With previews do you get to fill out comment cards? Like could you put in suggestions for new title names?

    “Zoe lives” I would make other funny suggestions here but as you can see I am just not talented enough.

    By Blogger Paula, at 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home