Poking The Bear

Monday, December 26, 2005

Crapperpillar Salad

This post is a sad attempt at optimism.

So I actually made myself dinner tonight. Amongst other things, this dinner included a salad made with organic baby greens in one of those containers from Trader Joe’s.

As I’m finishing my salad, to my horror, I spot the stiff carcass of a dead Cluster Caterpillar. And after spitting out everything that I possibly could out of my mouth and then gargling with water and a hardcore mouthful of Listerene, I spent the next half hour seriously resisting the urge to puke, all the while contemplating if this was the universe’s sick attempt at a vegetarian joke.

On the bright side, at least the caterpillar was whole.

1 Comments:

  • As my office manager and I always say, "No good deed goes unpunished."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home