Poking The Bear

Monday, September 26, 2005

Postcards From the Bleeeeeecccccccch

Every morning, I get to work at seven, have my coffee around nine-thirty and normally find that the urge to expel said coffee kicks in about a half hour later. This morning, running a little behind, I found myself in the bathroom around eleven. After washing my hands, I went to grab some paper towels and noticed something quite disturbing.

There wasn’t a single paper towel discarded in the garbage!

Now, I know for a fact that on any given day there are roughly fifteen women who work on my floor.

Understandably I was rather fermished because this either meant that by some miracle or force of nature, all the women on my floor disappeared for 4 hours and their bowels suspended, or that every single woman who used the bathroom in the morning failed to wash her hands.

To that I say: ew and gross!

This is the reason I:

1.) avoid public bathrooms as much as possible
2.) never, ever, ever touch anything in there unless absolutely necessary
3.) If I do touch something, wash the crap out of my hands (no pun intended)

and lastly, and most importantly:

4.) always use about 5 paper towels to open the door to get out

To quickly recap: Cleanliness is godliness you nasty bitches! WASH YOUR FUCKING HANDS!

4 Comments:

  • ETI - Well said, I'm very picky about that stuff to. I'm even more anal about it in the winter time when the flu bug starts going around. I wash my hands about 20 times a day, and I use clorox wipes.

    Some places can get very skeevy.

    By Blogger Neo, at 7:17 AM  

  • Amen! Speaking of gross bathrooms...on a recent trip back to the old stomping groudns of Santa Barbara, I was shocked to see how disgusting the public bathrooms there have become. We're talking some serious skeeve!

    By Blogger Eti, at 7:46 AM  

  • What if maintenance had come around by then and emptied the trash can? Huh?? Did you think of that, punk??

    By Blogger Myasorubka, at 8:18 AM  

  • Nope! Maintenance empties the trash the night before. (I work late, I know things.) So unless some lady gave birth in the morning and discarded her placenta in the trash, I highly doubt it.

    By Blogger Eti, at 8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home