Poking The Bear

Monday, September 26, 2005

Stop the Wagon!

I don’t have a token, but I have a blog.

After my pukey birthday extravaganza last month, I promised to lay off the bottle for a while. Well, it wasn’t really that bad, but I did drink a lot over the summer. And today is the one month anniversary of my “sobriety.”

In all fairness, I’m not a big drinker, but I am a social drinker. I’ll admit that if/when I drink, I drink to get drunk, but I can “totally stop whenever I want.” No, really, I can. The last time I stopped drinking, I gave up beer and I didn’t touch alcohol for eight months. I haven’t touched beer since...that’s mostly because I realized that shots of hard alcohol can do the same job as beer in a quicker and more efficient manner sans ten trips to the bathroom.

Yeah, I think it’s time to start drinking again.

5 Comments:

  • I haven't had anything to drink in, let's see... a day? Maybe I'll try to match your month-long stint. Oh, wait, Rossanna is going to take me to Margarita Monday to get me loaded by 6 PM. I'll, uh, try to remember to start tomorrow.

    By Blogger Nick, at 11:18 AM  

  • I'll drink to that....

    :)

    By Blogger Neo, at 12:19 PM  

  • a month....wow

    By Blogger Harlyn, at 1:15 PM  

  • I was once really fat, so I went on the hard alcohol diet.

    Lost 25 pounds, but then my liver got bloated. Oh well.

    Sincerely,
    Frank U. McBoob

    By Blogger Frank McBoob, at 2:03 PM  

  • If you want to drink less, then start drinking "better", I mean try to be more selective, but don't stop completely! That would be damaging for you health!!
    This was a scary note!

    By Blogger Sébastien, at 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home